The skin is the body’s most extensive organ, the one in closest contact with the external environment and able to detect a number of systemic diseases, therefore it is essential to take good care of it. In addition to having several functions like protecting and isolating, the skin plays an essential role in social relationships and psychological well-being. Dermatology is a medical area that allows to diagnose, treat and cure diseases of the skin and skin appendages (nails, hair, sweat and sebaceous glands), and all other skin-related conditions.
At UPMC Institute for Health, the following services are available:
- Specialist dermatology consults
- Specialist oncology and pediatric dermatology consults
- Computerized digital dermoscopy, mole mapping and melanoma prevention
- Endolight lift, laser and cosmetic surgery.
- Diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune diseases, outpatient and Day Hospital minor dermatological surgery
- Biopsy and histological examination
Why choose UPMC?
Patients can benefit from innovative and natural treatments and therapies, developed by Prof. Marcello Monti for the treatment of the most frequent skin diseases:
- Actinic Keratosis
- Atopic Dermatitis (AD)
- Seborrheic Dermatitis (SD)
- Ulcer and Wound Care
- Ingrown toenail or onychocryptosis
Additionally, Prof. Monti offers the following services:
- Horizontal needling for wrinkles
- Vertical needling for scars
- Motorized curettage to remove skin spots
- Eutrophic cosmetic surgery
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) for the treatment of actinic keratosis, sun damage, acne, Lichen planus
- Natural regenerative treatments
On-line video dermatology consults are also available at UPMC Institute for Health. For further information call: +39 0578 61198